Licensable HMO? 3267/o

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Licensable HMO? 3267/o
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Caller
286 Posts
3 Thanks

I have a four story building ( but 3 stories to the main exit at the first floor level). I have two self contained flats on the third and fourth floors but the ground and first floor are one large maisonette it is entirely self contained. All these flats were converted some time ago when the Victorian building was converted from a former hotel.

I understand at present that the property falls within the self contained pre 1991 non building regulation exemption from any national licensing scheme. No local schemes exist in my area.

My question is when I convert the ground and first floor maisonette to five bedroom shared facility HMO as the HMO is only over 2 floors do I need licensing for HMO purposes? I appreciate that in October 2018 the removal of the 3 story requirement will require licensing but at this stage as the HMO will be only in the first 2 stories with separate entrance and exit do those two stories require licensing.

Also in the event of licensing being relevant what is the position of the licensability of the flats on level 3 and 4?

09/06/2018 11:39

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions