Flooring

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Flooring
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
Flat Eric
22 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi, My new tenant says the kitchen floor is badly laid and it is a tripping hazzard and want me to replace it. Me and my partner had a look but to us there's nothing wrong with it. There are about half millimetre gap between a few of the laminate boards, but you cannot trip over it. They showed us a list of the things wrong with the house when they moved in and most of the things were "a screw loose on light-fitting", "door handle's screws are loose" and things. My partner says he doesn't think we need to replace it, but will I get sued if she tripped over in the kitchen, even if the floor does not have any problem? She is pregnant and she seems to see the slightest thing as a big problem. How do I go about finding out whether the floor genuinlly needs replacing, rather than our words against their's? I had someone from a flooring company come to have a look, and at that time, he was surrownded by the tenants mums and dads(all 4 of them!) who all ganged up to him to tell him it needed replacing, and he told us it needed replacing. My partner says he was pressurised by everyone and also he wanted the business. He recommended me to have Karndean flooring, and that it will cost me 500pounds. I don't really know what to do now. Is there some insurance policy I could have for my tenant get injured in the property and if so, what will the cost be?

I only have building insurance at the moment. Or could I lay a vynil flooring to cover the kitchen floor so that any tiny "gaps" will be covered? I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you very much.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Flat Eric

09/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband