unfair behaviour by dps adjudicator

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits unfair behaviour by dps adjudicator
R
Rafael
5 Posts
1 Thanks

These guys make me sick.

They made a decision to return the entire deposit to the tenant which in my Opinion was blatantly biased towards The tenant. It was a claim for damage to a carpet, ok it wasn't new at the outset but I was castigated by the adjudicator for not having supplied them with a copy of the original purchase invoice for the carpet (so if so vital, why didn't they phone me to ask for it?) and saying that there was no record of its condition at the start of the tenancy-not true! The tenant signed the Schedule saying, correctly, that all items were in good condition. OK there were no photos but what use are photos of a carpet anyway? - they can't really show its condition.

As these decisions cannot effectively be appealed, I wonder if other members have experienced this kind of blatant bias by the DPS?

24/06/2018 06:39

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions