Bailiff was due to attend today under Section 21 but tenant obtained a suspension

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Bailiff was due to attend today under Section 21 but tenant obtained a suspension
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
David Plato
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi All,

I obtained a possession order to evict a tenant under Section 21. However, the bailiffs were to attend the property at 11:10 today, however, at 11:03 I received a phone call from the court informing me that the tenant had contacted the court and obtained a suspension. A court hearing has been arranged for Monday in which the tenant is using the grounds that she is now paying the rent.

Consequently, I have written to the court reminding them that I had used Section 21 and simply want possession rather than seeking rent arrears. Hopefully, this will be taken into account and emphasise my situation.

If the judge agrees that I am entitled for the eviction to go ahead what is likely sequence of events.

Cheers

David

27/06/2018 21:36

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions