How to survive no rent for month

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How to survive no rent for month
Forum Avatar
landlord T
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Survival help needed I inherited a property ,which i rent out
I would like to know how do landlords manage financially and practically with tenants ,who don't pay rent.

My tenant moved in 20 May 2018 stopped paying rent Oct 2018. He was difficult ,changed the lock and will not speak to me or respond to post. i contacted a solicitor who advised me to go for section 21 asking him to vacate in April. in May the solicitor applied to county court for a fast track possession order ,we are still awaiting the granting of a possession order. Then my solicitor said a bailiffs order can take another 6 weeks. All together possibly 11 months with no rent , legal fees and tidying up when the tenant eventually goes. I have a mortgage and feel the only way to survive is additional borrowing.

Please advise is this the usual process of eviction as I have heard politicians want to remove section 21 I don't know what for as it great for tenants

01/07/2018 20:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions