Tenant may have abondend

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant may have abondend
Forum Avatar
Jas Kaur
3 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi, I was hoping for some advice.

Tenant been in my property for over 2 years. In the past, no real issues, a good tenant, always pays rent on time, however as i understand he does suffer from depression or maybe even mental health.

He was previous on benefits, but about a year ago got into work and he paid the rent directly to me. Only yesterday the police called to say they recieved a message about my tenant that he was depressed and may harm himself and were concerned for his safety. His phone is constantly off and when we went inside the property all of his items and clothes were still there.

No one can seem to get in touch with him..and i have no next of kin details on file for him. His rent is currently up to date and next due in about 3 weeks time. If at the time of his next rent is due, i still cant get in touch and there still no contact, what should i do ?

Should i serve a section 8 notice for rent arrears and get a possession order...section 21 notice may just take too long ?

02/07/2018 20:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions