House purchase Exeter: undisclosed documents

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management House purchase Exeter: undisclosed documents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
LL2112
3 Posts
0 Thanks

So I purchased a student HMO property in Exeter through auction. Conveyancing always feels a little rushed but so be it. Completed in early May, current tenants left, all good. Let for this academic year 01/07/18 to 2019 etc. I decided not to continue with current Letting Agent who although they were very good and local, were not known to me as another one is. They were fine.

Turns out they had a separate Utilities agreement with the new tenants which they hadn't told me about until a few days ago! So when my new LA went to set up Utilities etc. they couldn't. The old Letting Agent has them already signed up apparently. Well I don't want the old LA involved and it's obvious that they are only doing this as they are getting a huge kickback from the Provider - more than doubling the cost of the Utilities over a year! For a house of 6 they are making £3k+.

1. This Utilities agreement is worded so badly, not countersigned by the old LA and a rip off
  2. The agreement wasn't disclosed on purchase of the property.

What can I do? I do not want these people involved and I do not want my tenants ripped off like this, signing up naiively to this agreement, which is written on the back of a fag packet and wasn't declared to me!

11/07/2018 22:23

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions