Tenants won’t leave!

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenants won’t leave!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
CDD
3 Posts
0 Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam

Could you please advice me on what advice/help the RLA would be able to give me for the following email, which I received from my letting agents today:

I hope you are well!

I tried calling you a few moments ago to discuss the move out of your tenants. I have just had a phone call from the tenant who explained that they have had difficulties finding a new property to move into. He claims that they have been trying very hard with different agents to find a new property but it is difficult to get a rental flat when you have kids.

I have explained to the tenant that he was served sufficient notice of 2 months as per his tenancy agreement and we do require them to vacate tomorrow as this is their last day. I advised that if they haven’t found a new home by now it would be advisable to seek an Airbnb or similar for a short while until they find a new property. The tenant and myself went around in circles for 20min on the phone and he basically ended the conversation with saying it will be impossible for them to move tomorrow, despite all my arguments and suggestions.

I understand you have previously spoken to my colleague Medhavi and you have advised her you will not be renewing or allowing an extension, I have explained this to the tenant in every way I can but he did not want to accept this.

I am not sure if he is telling the truth or if he has no intention of moving out at all but I want to warn you that they will most likely not be vacating tomorrow by the sounds of it.

You may need to seek legal advice for possession of your property as we are not able to provide such assistance.

Many thanks

Chris

18/07/2018 17:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions