Door lovks

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Door lovks
E
Ethan's Nan
22 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi All,
My tenant broke the lock on the patio doors. Iíve had a couple of locksmiths our and it canít be fixed. The doors are the old fashioned type and not a standard size and theyíre going to cost over two thousand to replace - money I just donít have right now.
As an interim measure Iíve put some hasp locks and padlocks on the door so it can at least be secured. Iíve told the tenant it will be at least a few months before I can replace the doors. Initially she was ok with this but has now decided the house is unsafe as she says the locks take too long to get off. Iíve told her i havenít got an alternative at the minute but sheís sending messages by the minute.
My question is do I have to replace the doors. This is the latest in a long line of problems with this tenant - sheís on benefits and has been capped so sheís in arrears. Sheís broken the glass in the front door, smashed the shower etc, etc.....

23/07/2018 21:02

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions