Tenancy renewal dragging on

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenancy renewal dragging on
Forum Avatar
Vick
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi all,

Iíve got a bit of a situation regarding tenancy renewal.

I have a HMO and one of the tenants had a contact expire in June. He wanted a month to consider his options before renewing for another 6 months. He emailed to say he would renew and wanted to sign an agreement. A copy of the AST was sent to look over as itís changed from our last tenancy, (we now use RLA AST).

He is now wanting another few weeks to look at the tenancy agreement due to not having time. Iím eager to get an answer due to having new tenants wanting to sign for 6 months immediately if he wishes not to renew.

Iím thinking I would be better off issuing a S21 now in case his doesnít renew and revoke it if he decides to sign for 6 months?

Also, he wants to start the 6 months AST agreement from the beginning of July so it ends in December. Is a back dated contract start date legal?.

He hasnít been bad by any means but does like to moan, a lot! Part of me wants to offer a 6 month from August as a ď take it or leave itĒ hence my query on start dates. If he stays or goes, I donít mind. Thinking out loud, I would prefer someone else in...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

V

04/08/2018 00:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions