Member Introduction

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Member Introduction
Forum Avatar
Caro S
3 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi,

I am a Landlord in Norfolk who has recently left the National Landlords Association due to their support of Selective Licencing (SL) in my local area. They decided this without asking what local landlords thought. The NLA have stated previously "Licensing schemes increase your business costs and put unnecessary burden on the majority of compliant landlords." The NLA repeatedly remind councils that they already have powers to deal with issues. The objections they make for other areas hold true for my local area. I felt it was hypocritical and I could not pay fees to an organisation working against local landlords. I understand that I may not always agree with an association but it was the way they went about it.

I am currently a member of the Eastern Landlords Association (who would have been willing to speak with the NLA)and do have an in-depth knowledge of the local issues and culture.

I have joined the RLA because I am impressed with the letter they sent to the local council explaining why SL would not be an acceptable option in this area. They listened to local landlords and are prepared to support them. Their help and support is greatly appreciated.

I think working in partnership places Landlords in a stronger position and in turn enables us to offer a better service.

13/08/2018 13:17

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions