House alarm has been triggered

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance House alarm has been triggered
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
P_A_
59 Posts
2 Thanks

Hi all,

Seeking a bit of friendly advice from you lovely people. I went to see a tenant the other day for the first time as I've only just taken over ownership of the house. Whist there conducting a periodic inspection I tried to lift down the key cover to one of the main house alarm systems, of which there are two of as the tenant had another separate alarm system fitted when the house was with the previous landlord. For some reason, me barely touching the key cover triggered the alarm system. The tenant didn't have the key code, and I hadn't received it from the former Letting Agent when picking the keys up.

I rang an emergency electrician service, gave them the details and they said they'd ring me back to confirm. They didn't, so I rang them, and whilst on the phone to them the alarm stopped as the tenant had been typing numbers into the key code panel. Maybe the code had come back to the tenant in a flashback. I then asked the tenant what the code was that they'd typed in, but they couldn't remember. Anyway, I asked the tenant not to touch that control panel again, and to just use the other alarm system which they'd had fitted.

I've now had a call from the tenant to let me know that the alarm is sounding again.

Question is, whose responsibility is this to have the alarm system disconnected?

Thanks.

15/08/2018 11:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions