Service Charge Invoicing

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Service Charge Invoicing
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
16 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a leasehold property which is being "managed" by a completely unprofessional company.

The terms of the lease say I have to pay 6 months service charge due on 1st March and 1st September each year.

My question is, should I expect to receive an invoice from this company for the charge before I pay it?

In March this year, they sent the invoice out late in the month, then sent a "final demand" the following week for the service charge plus interest, with threat of repossession.

I have not yet received an invoice for the service charge due from 1st September, but based on this company's past form, I am expecting to receive at some point another "final demand" with interest added from 1st September.

Should I just be sending them a cheque each 6 months even if I have not yet received an invoice at that point? Are they entitled to send letters threatening repossession if they have not actually issued any invoice before the due date?

I would also mention that none of the invoices or letters I have ever received from this company bear the company registration number or VAT number. Is this legal? Can they send demands for substantial sums of money and threats of repossession on stationery which does not show these details?

I hope someone can advise me please?

Thanks in advance.

16/10/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband