Can landlord view the Right to Rent documents performed through letting agents?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Can landlord view the Right to Rent documents performed through letting agents?
S
SCW
3 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a signed Lettings Agreement with a lettings agent for a residential property that I own.
The lettings agents have said in an email to me that the Right to Rent checks are performed as part of the Tenancy Set Up procedures.
The Letting Agreement shows that gas safety and electrical installation checks are included in their Tenancy Set Up Fee, but there is no mention of Right to Rent checks.
The letting agents provide me with copies of reports for the gas safety and electrical installation, but they will not provide a copy of the Right to Rent checks and reports because "The referencing company conducts the right to rent, but due to GDPR we are unable to provide you with copies of these".
There is no written agreement which specifies whether the letting agents or the landlord will carry out the Right to Rent checks, so I understand that by default that means that the legal responsibility falls on the landlord.
Because the legal responsibility for Right to Rent checks falls to the landlord, I would like to see the reports for those.
Do I have the right to demand to see the Right to Rent reports from the letting agents?

05/09/2018 16:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions