Tenant has installed a gas appliance without the landlords consent

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenant has installed a gas appliance without the landlords consent
N
Nick B
5 Posts
4 Thanks

I have recently visited the property and found that the tenant has supplied and fitted a gas range appliance and new cooker hood in the kitchen. The tenant has removed the electric four ring hob, electric oven and cooker hood as well as removing partially the base units and all of wall units against one wall where cooker point is located in the kitchen. The tenant states they have disposed of the original electric hob, oven and cooker hood. I have noted a single socket is loose with electric cables exposed which have been traced in the walls beside the cooker hood and not filled. The tenant says the electric cable were originally exposed and hidden behind the wall units which were removed by the tenant. Also there is a electric cable hanging from the wall with a wire connector connected beside the light switch on the same wall where the wall units have been removed. The tenant has provided a landlord gas safety record issued by a gas safe engineer which shows the gas range which shows the gas appliance is safe to use. I am concerned about the alteration to the gas pipe work and exposed cables and loose socket as a result of the tenant carry out the above and also without the landlords consent. the tenant says the range would be left in the property as the tenant vacates but do not intend to move for some years. How would you best advise to deal with this situation.

15/09/2018 14:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions