Metal consumer units

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Metal consumer units
Dave Aldwin
1 Posts
1 Thanks

I rent a terraced house through a local Letting Agent. The current tenant is leaving and a new tenant is lined up. The agent has inspected the house and has informed me that the consumer unit must ne changed to a metal one before re-renting in order to comply with "new regulations". My understanding is that the Regs are not retrospective and that provided that the the electrical installation meets electrical safety requirements (RCDs, earthing of cold rising main after the stopcock, etc, no metal light fittings unless earthed, etc) then that's fine. If it passed the test 5 years ago (for which I have the certificate) and has not changed, is that not still okay?

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
20/09/2018 10:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page