Regular Inspections

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Regular Inspections
Forum Avatar
Suze
63 Posts
10 Thanks

Iam a small-scale landlady with only two flats and a house, I must admit that I have been pretty lucky with most of my tenants, and my inspection visits have not needed to be very rigourous due to their excellent behaviour. I realise I've been doing this for 5 years, but in one flat the first, great, tenants only just moved out.

However, the house was trashed very badly because the owner had so much STUFF it was quite difficult to see what was going on under the hoarding, so it was getting mouldy around all the windows, for example.

I have got rid of her, thankfully (and that house is hopefully sold and our of my hair now) but one of the flats has a new tenant with lots of STUFF and I am keen to avoid the same scenario. She has not been in the flat for long and I plan to do a routine landlord inspection soon.

I have a memory of seeing someone post a really useful checklist in here, sometime ago. It gave good guidance on what to look for in each room, during landlord inspections - certainly including a few things I had not thought of, such as the state of the sockets, etc. I should have saved it then - but hey ho. I didn't realise how hard it would be to find it again!

I have tried searching in here, but the words are so common it turns up hundreds of irrelevant possibilites. I realise I could work out my own, but if someone could link me to an existing list, or share theirs I would be most grateful.

Thanks

26/09/2018 11:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions