What to do?

Forum Avatar
P_A_
59 Posts
2 Thanks

Hi all, thought I'd put this out there to see if anybody else has taken this course of action. The tenant in my house hasn't paid any rent since I bought it on the 20th July, so I served Section 8 and 21 a week ago. I think the Section 8 will be successful, but that the Section 21 will fail because it's been served within the first 4 months of his tenancy. I manage the property myself and he's been in almost daily contact. He doesn't want to go to court and he's trying to pay off some of the arrears before the Section 8 notice expires. I want the full amount what's due as the business relationship between him and myself has broken down as I feel that he's abused my trust.

What I'd like to know from other members, is have any of you tried to settle it our of court, so to speak, by going to a solicitor and having a legal contract drawn up saying that the Section 8, and or Section 21 will be dropped, but that a date will be agreed that the tenant will vacate the property? Or would it just be wiser to follow the Section 8 to it's natural conclusion? I think I'll also reissue a Section 21 after the 4 month timeframe, which will be at the end of November.

Thanks,

Peter

08/10/2018 10:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions