Check in and out Reports

You are here : Member Forums Other Check in and out Reports
D
Duke
2 Posts
0 Thanks

I have recently had a check-in and check out report by a company in Bromley Kent. I have noticed that they have not checked

1. the fire alarm
  2. The carbon monode alarm
  3. Read the water meter which is just outside the property under a flap

In their standard report there are gaps for this information to be added. I am worried that there could be problems if the alarms do not work

When I questioned this with them I got the following reply:

We test all smoke detectors at the beginning of each tenancy, you will see this reflected in the report above. The smoke detectors were not tested on the previous start of tenancy (June 2015) as it was before 1st October 2015 and this was not a legal requirement before this date.

We do not inspect meters which are under the ground. The manhole covers can be very hard to get into and these meters are usually not labelled making it very difficult to determine which meter belongs to which property. Thames Water are very good and will usually do a meter reading for you between 3-5 working days after requested.

Question. What are your thoughts and are there any good compnaies that you use in Bromley Kent. Thanks

09/10/2018 07:58

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions