Kerosene Fumes caused by pipe leak

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Kerosene Fumes caused by pipe leak
Forum Avatar
2 Landlords
4 Posts
0 Thanks

A friend of mine rents a rural property which has oil fired cooking and heating system (Kerosene to Rayburn stove) and no gas supply.
There appears to be a pipe leak between the storage and the stove causing strong fumes in the kitchen area. There is clearly a potential health risk from exposure to the fumes and requests to the agent to have this problem fixed have not been successful. Questions I have been asked are:

1. Does the landlord have a responsibility to do an annual oil safety check similar to the usual gas safety check?
  2. How should they go about getting an independent assessment of the health and safety risk if the agent remains silent on the requested repair?
  3. What financial recourse do they have against the landlord due to the oil leak?

I realise that this is more of a tenant led issue but I am pursuing all possible angles in order that I can help my friend. Thank you for any comments

16/10/2018 21:34

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions