Join the Residential Landlords Association


This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
48 Posts
2 Thanks

Good morning,

I have served my tenant section 21 notice. Now it's 3 weeks since he was due to be out. But he completely changed his attitude when initially said he is looking for other places in the same area, and instead saying he cannot find a suitable property for the same rent and size.The rent is very little in the area as I have not increased it for 3 years. Now he would not want to downsize or move somewhere a little bit further out and would just ignore the estate agents emails when they write asking for search update and moving out dates, leaving me to deal with all the consequences. I am advised to send accelerated possession order form and I definitely want to do that, but looking for a reasonable legal help as not sure who to trust, solicitors are very expensive and I am very worried this can get very costly very quickly. If you know someone within the London area who you can recommend or have other ideas that can help me, please Kindly share. I am new to all of this, my only owned house ever and learning everything from scratch, so any advice would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

19/10/2018 11:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions