House Share

You are here : Member Forums Other House Share
Abbey Holdings
5 Posts
0 Thanks

I have 2 tenants currently living in separate one bed flats. One is retired and has health issues the other is 52 and on ESA. They have been friends and neighbours for years and would now like to share a 3 bed house as the older one can't manage the stairs to the second floor and they would like to split the bills for economic reasons. The rent is £150 per week and the LHA is £85 or £61.50 shared rate. The council advice is that they would only get the shared rate because they will be sharing a kitchen and bathroom. I'm pretty sure that the 2 rooms for their sole use should apply as anyone had experience and did you manage the get the higher rent paid?

23/10/2018 16:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page