Solar Panels - Ashadegreener

You are here : Member Forums Other Solar Panels - Ashadegreener
J
Jen & wayne
27 Posts
2 Thanks

Wasn't sure what category to list this in as it's a new one for me.

Looking at buying a house that has Solar panels installed. I didn't think anything of it as I just assumed that they came with the house.

My sister who viewed the house for me said that she had heard another viewer ask the agent about them and it was on a green deal?

After talking to the estate agent. It turns out that the panels were fitted free by a company called A shade greener. They own the panels. You get to use all the electricity they can supply and they sell the rest back to the national grid and keep the money.

After spending a few hours goggling them.
They seem to be a very shady company that may have good lawyers?? Absolutely no customer services, so initial thoughts is just walk away now.

The biggest problems I see is that there may be problems should I want to sell the property and pigeons nesting under them.

I am assuming the property is being sold cheaply, is because of the first issue. (We are not looking at selling it on, so for us , not a big issue) The bird issue seems to be the major complaint. I'm happy to have this dealt with locally and pay for it.

My biggest problem from reading reviews, would be if the same company has supplied a gas boiler.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Especially anyone that has dealings with the company.

26/10/2018 07:18

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions