Tenants can not return to house because of threats from neighbour

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenants can not return to house because of threats from neighbour
D
DWP
31 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello.
I am a landlord but am asking on behalf of my son who is currently renting in London. His neighbour, a suspected drug dealer, has threatened my son that he will kill him unless he pays him 3000 pounds. He is accusing my son of having had a relationship with the neighbour's on/off girlfriend who also lives there, and who he frequently beats. My son has not had a relationship with her other than to return her dog to her when he found it in the road. The police are involved and we are waiting to see what they do. My son and his 3 flatmates have been advised not to return to the house - they left it yesterday when the man made the threats to kill my son.
My son is understandably very shaken up. Does anyone have any idea what the status of his tenancy will be if they can not return to the property?
Thanks for any advice,
A very shaken Mum.

05/11/2018 12:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions