Agents posing as prospective tenants: B Line Property -is it a con?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Agents posing as prospective tenants: B Line Property -is it a con?
Forum Avatar
the house that Jack built
69 Posts
2 Thanks

Has anyone else had a couple of pseudo tenants book a viewing that turned out to be a very odd letting agency/investor? A couple of weeks ago I had an online enquiry from a girl calling herself 'Destiny' (yes but then I do get some weird and wonderfully named tenants these days). She turned up with a guy called Nathan and both were slightly older than my normal student tenant profile. No matter I thought - overseas students no doubt - and carried on with the viewing. It was a six bedroomed house and we reached the last attic bedroom when they asked me whether there were students living there at present. I asked whether they were looking for rooms immediately. At this point Nathan said that he was in the business of renting houses and subletting them. I immediately told them that it wasn't a service I'd be interested in and that they had booked the viewing under false pretences (I'd even discussed taking them in my car to the other house I had as they would be on foot). I showed them the door. Nathan gave me a card and I checked his website. It's littered with spelling errors and looks very fantastical and odd. I can't believe that they are genuine investors and if they are they must be very green to think that they could sneak under the radar as tenants and then win your business. Maybe some people are that gullible?

09/11/2018 17:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions