3 storey house with 4 tenants

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing 3 storey house with 4 tenants
Forum Avatar
Dissappointed landlord
7 Posts
1 Thanks

Hello

i have 4 unrelated people living in a 4 bed 2 bath house (all 4 bedrooms are spacious and a living room is spacious too). From our local council website, it follows that HMO licences are required if all of the below apply. In my case, only 2 of the 6 requirement apply and therefore I don't believe I need a licence. However, I would be grateful for a confirmation from landlords with similar properties.

It has five or more occupiers comprising two or more separate households, regardless of number of storeys
It is a house or self-contained flat but is not a purpose-built flat situated in a block comprising three or more self-contained flats
Some or all of the occupants share amenities such as bathrooms, toilets or cooking facilities
At least one of the occupants pays rent (or the accommodation is linked to their employment)
It is the occupiers' main residence
It is not an exempt property such as a student hall of residence, or owned or managed by the council, a social landlord or the NHS

Many thanks

11/11/2018 20:06

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions