What if my tenant listens to the council and stays against the sect 21 notice?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy What if my tenant listens to the council and stays against the sect 21 notice?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Helen_770
17 Posts
0 Thanks
I have served my tenant with a sect 21 notice because due to change of circumstances she can not aford to pay the letting fee. The local council housing dept have told her to stay until she gets forced out optherwise they will class her as voluntary homeless. Apparently this is common practice with numerous local authorities. 'Shelter' who do not agree with what the councils are doing have also advised her to stay to ensure the council do not have any excuse not house her. My tenant has been very honest and up front re her financial situation and says that she won't stay and will go to parents if need be. I don't think she will because 'Shelter' have told me that they have advised her not to.
What is my next step to remove her from the property if she stays next week? I have never served a sect 21 before.How much will it cost me? How long will the process take before I will get my property back?
Can I claim any costs back from the local authority?
27/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband