Replacing defective windows

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Replacing defective windows
S
S J Manistre
3 Posts
0 Thanks

My wife and I own a leasehold property in East London. The freehold is held by Clarion Hoising Group. The double glazing is old, draughty and precarious: we and the tenants fear a panel may fall onto them. For the past two years we have been trying to get the windows replaced. We have been told that we must on no account sort this out ourselves. I have therefore been in regular contact with Clarion to try to move this process forward. We have had a survey; they agree the windows need replacing. We have had a contractor measure to provide an estimate. We can't get through to anyone who can tell us what is going to happen, or when. No-one will include me in the emails which I am told are being exchanged, my phone messages are rarely answered. Meanwhile I feel that we are letting down our tenants, and have some liability should an accident occur. What are your views? What should we try next?

13/11/2018 17:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions