penetrating damp from the roof of leasehold flat

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy penetrating damp from the roof of leasehold flat
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
alan_637
33 Posts
0 Thanks
Penetrating damp has come through the roof of a leasehold flat I own. I am on the top floor. there is a flat roof and mobile phone masts are being installed. The managing agent, who is a surveyor admits tested with a damp meter, and admits that there is penetrating damp.

He says that the freeholder is not responsible for paying out any expenses to me for inconvenience or redecoration of the flat for my tenants. he says this has to come out of the service charge.

If I as an owner fail to meet my contractual obligations, like paying my service charge I can be held accountable. Surely the freeholder has some responsibility for this?

Would I be better getting an independent surveyor to check it out or would it be throwing good money after bad? Any comments would be welcome.

29/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband