Rent Increases

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Rent Increases
M
Marie Benn
42 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi all. I am proposing to increase the rent for my tenants from mid-February 2019. Two of them have double rooms at £450pm, the other one has a single room at £350pm. I propose increasing by £20 each per month, which includes all bills - utilities, council tax, cleaner etc. Please advise if this is too excessive, as I don't want to be unreasonable. They have all been there over a year and seem to be quite comfortable. I do not want to upset anyone, but they message me to say they "need a new shower curtain, light bulbs" etc!

I have recently spent over £200 to clean up the garden and get it in some sort of order, as well as having other minor jobs which is costing me. To be honest, I'm not making much of a profit as this is the only house I rent.

I am in the process of trying to find a window cleaner for the outside windows. Any advice would be much appreciated.

24/11/2018 21:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions