Challenges when letting a very old and rural property

You are here : Member Forums Other Challenges when letting a very old and rural property
W
World Traveller
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi there.
Does anyone have any experience of letting out an old and rural property? We ae renting out our 400 yr old four bedroom detached family home for the first time and although we are used to all it's "funnies", I worry that some tennants may have too high expectations about things like internet and wi fi that drops out from time to time, very springy and creaky floorboards, the odd minor drain blockage which we easily sort ourselves etc etc
We also have woodburners that are very old (can't get a HETAS certificate for them) tricky to use and although we know how to use them, we do not particularly want tennants to use them.
I am putting a number of points in the AST adendum page to explain that these things are not faults per se but part and parcel of living in such an old property.
Any thoughts, advice or comments I would be most grateful for.
Thanks

27/11/2018 18:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions