Oldham special licensing - any experience?

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Oldham special licensing - any experience?
Forum Avatar
nicest landlord
855 Posts
258 Thanks

I am getting into the swing of Oldham council's special licensing. This is not HMO.

They have just done the property conditions inspection. The officer was intelligent, can both speak and write English and was overall pretty reasonable. It tickles me that this their 1st inspection was carried out more than 18 months after my application for a license. Apparently the key qualification is paying £500 fee rather than offering a decent house.

They pulled me up on one thing. My electrical safety report by NICEIC electrician said I need to change one fuse and add an rcd. I will do this. What I wonder whether to contest is them saying they then want a new certificate. Presumably the electrician would have to do the whole test again to issue a new up to date cert. Did I mention they lost the original cert submitted with original application and have lost 2 gas certs since. I think I might try to argue the license regime entitles them to one cert every 5 years and they should accept an electrician receipt as proof of having done the required items.

Any one dealt with Oldham? Anyone had licensing electrical issues?

28/11/2018 09:25

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions