Tenancy gained through false pretences by tenant who now wants to take me to court/

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Tenancy gained through false pretences by tenant who now wants to take me to court/
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
The Naive Landlord
The Naive Landlord
7 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi All,

If a tenant blatantly declares to the estate agent and to us as landlords that he's never had a landlord and writes N/A in any paperwork regarding landlords, and now taking us to court over Deposit Protection. If it turns out he has had landlords and he's also taken them to court, my assumption would be that the whole tenancy should be null and void as he secured the tenancy under false pretences, therefore any allegations he has against us should also be null and void! I can't find anything on the web but what I can gather this is habitual behaviour by this particular tenant and I want to put a stop to it so no other landlords go through the same. Has anyone had a similar experience or know whether this would give me watertight legal defence.

29/11/2018 22:52

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions