Renting to Italian National

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Renting to Italian National
Forum Avatar
landlordray
12 Posts
1 Thanks

I have received an application to rent my property ( 3 bed terraced house ) to an Italian Nation his partner and 3 young children.

I am still in the early stages of obtaining information but it seems the family have recently arrived in the UK and are looking to rent long term.

I have been offered 6 months rent upfront after which they assure me that they will have employment and will be able to afford the monthly rent and bills.
They tell me they have savings which will cover them for a year if need be.

All sounds plausible but is there a way for me to credit check them or check up on their history when they were living in Italy.

My concern is if they are running away from debt or some criminal activity in Italy.

I assume that if they do not continue to pay the rent after the first 6 months I can start eviction process, however, would I be able to recover any rent arrears, court costs etc, would this result in a CCJ as with a UK citizen ?

Also not sure what effect Brexit will have in this situation

thanks

22/12/2018 11:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions