Opinions sought - S8 (8) or S21

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Opinions sought - S8 (8) or S21
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
elbowe
elbowe
4,157 Posts
1,268 Thanks

Interesting one, what is the groups feelings of S8 over S21?

RLA AST
Six months now rolling monthly (since August 2017)
all docs supplied correct

I have always normally used S21 (and only ask for costs) to remove somebody (no fault) as I find it the most factual way of sorting it out.

The reason why I ask is that I have a tenant that is just causing me some "interesting thoughts".
1st December paid 50% rent and delayed 50% payment but paid it within two weeks ish), this month tells me on the 1st she needs to update council on her wage figures, sorry cannot pay, messages are a little slow when I asked questions, and she tried to tell me the offices don't open until the 3rd, so I sent her a picture of the offices being open from the 2nd. Nothing back.

She has always been a very honest girl, and works in the entertainment industry so her wage fluctuate. I have no reason to believe this is not true. It's how it has always been.

All docs are in order, so I could serve S21 or I could service S8(8) on the 1st Feb.

I'm just pondering do I issue a S21 now (just in case) or take each day as it comes and then serve S8 on the 1st Feb (two calendar months overdue).

Having never actually issues a S8 in this way before I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

Of course it is all related to speed and likelihood of a court being able to get her out.

Sadly she has a ten year old child (but this is not my concern should I decide she's on her way)

thanks

Les

07/01/2019 08:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions