Changing estate agents management

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Changing estate agents management
M
Miss.Landlady
26 Posts
2 Thanks

Hello,

I would like to get some advice on my responsibilities while managing my tenant without an estate agent for the next month.

Basically, the property is let out for the last four years and was managed by an estate agent until end of December 2018 when I had to terminate it due to many issues. Now I am in process of shopping/deciding which new estate agents I want to choose. Sadly, while dealing with my selected and potentially new estate agents, I realised I am having a different kind of problem with the new company. It seems to me they are more interested in how the tenant is feeling throughout this process, more than being interested in helping me get this management done correctly and to look after my house. My rights as a landlord just do not seem to exist. And I am left waiting for their replies for ages, while they wait for tenant to reply to them, which felt wrong, as decision should be mine? agency choice is mine at the end of the day and there is no law that suggest tenant should approve my actions! so I am looking again and hoping for better luck..

Anyway, while I am managing for the first time since the purchase of the property, I realised gas safety certificate is expiring today, I rang a registered engineer and all will be done today.

But now I am wondering if there is anything else I need to provide the tenant with during this transition period? while I change estate agents? like right to rent booklet? do I need to send him that again? the tenancy have not changed at all and I have not renewed it for two years, it has been running as a periodic monthly tenancy for last two years. And last year I actually served him section 21 and wanted him to leave, but he is too comfortable and won’t leave, and due to couple of issues I have not gone to court yet, but will serve section 21 again this year and will go to court if he does not move out before the end of section 21.

For now my priority is to get right management agency, and also fulfil any duties and responsibility while I am managing this solo.

If you have any advice or warnings, what to provide tenant now? please share, all will be very highly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

07/01/2019 12:39

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions