Boiler company and installers blame each other for heating not working.

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Boiler company and installers blame each other for heating not working.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Ann_255
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi all,

I had tenants (good tenants) moving in to my first flat in September last year. The heating broke down in the end of December. I had a new boiler (Gloworm, flexicomb) installed in the beginning of January by OCO. A couple of weeks ago the hotwater (and heating) broke down. Gloworm came out and sorted out the hot water but failed to get the heating started (I am not sure whether he even tried since the weather was rather warm then.) When I approached Gloworm regarding this, their reply was that I would have to ask the installers to come out for an external electrical inspection on the timer. Oco's reply was that they would then charge me for that and that it was unnessecary anyway since it was (is, I last talked to them yesterday) too warm outside for the heating to be working. I am wondering whose responsibility this is since the heating was in fact working (it was on daily) until the boiler broke down.
Also, when they installed the boiler my new power shower (Galaxy, bought in May last year) stopped working. I have not attended to having it repaired yet and took their word for it at the time that it was the fault of the electrician who installed it.
Please, can anybody advice me on this matter since I am away on a short holiday and despairing.

Best regards,
Ann

21/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband