Theft of electric meter

You are here : Member Forums Other Theft of electric meter
notafatcat
notafatcat
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

This is a new one for me, problem tenant has actually set new boundaries;

We supply electric to our tenants via a sub meter, (usually at a loss!) and pay the bill to Scottish power. This particular tenant, has decided that not just living in my house rent free wasn't enough of a p@ss take, rang Scottish Power and advised them that I no longer owned the property, and proceeded to have the bill for the entire property put in her name.

However, she also removed our meter and installed her own. I have repeatedly asked for the return of our meter, as I will refit it and she actually went to our local MP Preet Gill and told her a pack of lies.....fortunately, I had rang Birmingham city council private tenants department because by exchanging our meter, she has effectively nullified our electric certs for her unit and plus we can't be gain access. Are there any laws?

I am tempted to give the other residents high use heaters, just to run up her bill but obviously Im a fair minded Landlord who adheres to the rules.

Thank you in advance.

16/01/2019 13:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions