Possession - How long does it take?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Possession - How long does it take?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
doctorv
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have recently issued a Section 8 on grounds 8, 10, and 11.

The tenant has gone AWOL, and it has become apparent that letting agent's referencing process was not worth the paper it was printed on - false ID, faked employment contract etc. I don't expect to see him again. The letting agent has 6 weeks rent on deposit and so the quicker I get possession, the less I lose. How long will this take?

The property is occupied by the tenant's "friend" who conveniently does not know where my tenant is. I visited the property this week (after giving notice) and thankfully they have kept the place pristine (so far).

The current occupants were not there when I visited despite telling them when I would be there. I had a witness with me and we did not touch anything. They had left the BT phone bill on the dining table - the phone line is not in the name of my original tenant. I have memorised the name on the bill. Can I do anything with this information?

10/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions