Tenants dispute

You are here : Member Forums Access Tenants dispute
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I've recently found two tenants for a property and I've been dealing with a lead tenant. The lead tenant was the one who's paid the bond and I've only got her signature on the tenancy agreement, although there's two tenants. This is my own administrative error. !

It turns out that the two tenants have fallen out, their situation has become sour, it seems the tenant who hasn't signed any type of contract, is making life life difficult for the lead tenant. The lead tenant wants her to leave but the second tenant doesn't want to. The second tenant is now pushing for me to get the tenancy agreement signed by her as well, so she feels she has more right to stay in the property.

My understanding of the law is that we've all entered into a 'verbal' legal contract and the only way I can get her out as if she defaults on paying her share of the rent, or destroys any part of the property. Then I would have to go through the courts to get her out because of the eviction process.

It's a shame because the lead tenant has a friend who can move in (depending on their credit worthiness) but the seemingly problem tenant wants to remain in the flat.

Is there any way around this?

Many thanks,
R

08/02/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband