Tenants refuse to sign AST

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Tenants refuse to sign AST
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
My friend purchased a property with tenants already there. When they went round to inspect the property, they found that there wasn`t an AST in place.They sent an agent round to get a valuation on the market rent which is currently 575mth, the agent said it should be 695 but considering the condition of the property 650mth. She informed the tenant of the due rent increase and asked him to sign an AST.He has refused asking for repairs (replace leaking shower,Gas saftey cert,fix/replace garage door)to be carried out before agreeing increase in rent. I have advised my friend that she should have a gas saftey cert regardless!! but she refuses to get anything done until AST is signed. Who is in the right here? What could happen if tenant reports her to CORGI regarding gas cert. My advice to her was limited, can anyone point her in the right legal direction. Thanks
28/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband