Join the Residential Landlords Association

Planning Enforcement Order

You are here : Member Forums Other Planning Enforcement Order
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
AndyS
AndyS
39 Posts
0 Thanks

I have an enforcement order from 2011 on a property demanding a kitchen be removed. I bought the property cash a year ago as a repossession. I am now attempting a mortgage.

The solicitor conducting the search has found the order (my previous solicitor did not flag it although I knew anecdotally that the council had requested changes) and said the order needs to be removed from the record in order to complete the mortgage.

The previous owner illegally converted to 2 flats, hence the enforcement order. When I bought it the order had been complied with and the kitchen had been removed. I have photos and witnesses to this.

I am now renting it out as an HMO (4 tenants, 2 floors, so dont need HMO licence and do have landlord licence). But I put a small kitchen back in upstairs thinking that it was fine since it was all one house and it is extra amenity having 2 kitchens. The room is too small for a bedroom.

If I bring in the council to confirm the order was complied with they will see the new kitchen. Is there anything I can do to
A) have the order confirmed as complied with
B) do it without ripping out the kitchen

26/01/2019 11:47

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions