Section 21

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Section 21
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Pedro
70 Posts
4 Thanks
I have a tenant which is in arrears by more than 2 months. It is a joint tenancy with her partner. Yhet subsequently broke up and he left in January.
My agent issued a Section 21 notice to the property addressed to both the tenants. It gave 2 months notice.
The tenancy started on 1st May 2006 and was for 12 months with a break clause at 6 months. Subsequently, the tenancy was extended for a further 12 months on the same terms to expire on the 30th April 2008.
The Section 21 notice that my agent issued expired on the 17th April 2008 which is within the extended period and of course does not coincide with the end of rent period - monthly rent is due last day of the month.
Do I need to serve another Section 21 or can I rely upon the one already served? As they are joint tenants, do both need to receive the notice. He has left and I do not have a contact address?
Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

09/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband