Uninhabitatable Dwelling - Access for cleaning/property and deposit deductions

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Uninhabitatable Dwelling - Access for cleaning/property and deposit deductions
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
rmr
5 Posts
0 Thanks
My property has been made 4days ago uninhabitable due to a kitchen fire. My tenants is staying with friends and seeking alternative accomodation. I was planning to serve a section 21 as the tenancy was due to finish in 2 months anyway. Renovation is likely to take just as long.

In terms of deductions from the deposit, the property is currently full of tenants belongings. in affected and unaffected parts of the property.

Are the tenants allowed back to collect belongings and clean the unaffected areas as the downstairs of teh property is deemed 'uninhabitable'?

If they are not allowed access for cleaning does that mean that I cannot then deduct from the deposit?

There will inevitable be a number of damages not covered by teh insurance, so maybe I can put these irrecovable damages under that banner?

27/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband