Possession order hearing - gas cert & epc questioned

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Possession order hearing - gas cert & epc questioned
nicest landlord
nicest landlord
955 Posts
289 Thanks

I am facing my first possession claim court hearing for many years. It is a good 10 years since I have sat listening to tenant cluelessness in front of a judge.
The tenant with council help has filed a defence saying she got no gas cert or epc and therefore s21 was invalid. I have the relevant gas cert from the start of the tenancy and the current one and of course there is a an epc in place. What I did not do 2 years ago at the start of this tenancy was get the tenant to sign for receipt of these things. Now I get them to sign for all the docs served including how to rent, privacy statment etc.
How worried should I be?
What standard of proof will the judge want?
I am not expecting the tenant to turn up as she left the property many weeks ago and signed a deed of surrender returning key. Given the hearing papers will be served on the property she no longer has access to I do not think she will even know about the hearing.
But what I am worried about is what standard will the judge hold me to in proving I have served gas cert & epc?

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
05/02/2019 10:43

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions