Tenants claiming repairing following issue of section 21

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenants claiming repairing following issue of section 21
Sac123
Sac123
20 Posts
1 Thanks

I'm currently experiencing problems with a tenant who's claiming all kinds of repairs after the issuing of a section 21. Following this I suspect they're damaging the property on purpose to show it in bad light so he can claim all sorts in his defense to the notice.

Yesterday i received a video showing a couple of loose tiles in the bathroom he started demanding i send someone straight away. I requested an inspection so i could assess the work required so i could complete the required works myself. He wasn't happy with me doing that but eventually said i could visit the property within the next 30 mins.

On my arrival he was verbally aggressive and didn't really let me assess the work correctly. Then he started getting physically aggressive by pushing me. I eventually left the property and reported the incident to the police.

My question is I want to do the work myself but i don't feel safe with him whilst I'm working, am i obliged to send someone else?

11/02/2019 06:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions