Anti Social Behaviour

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Anti Social Behaviour
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
pink0910
pink0910
10 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, I was wondering whether you could shed some light as to where I stand. I currently have a professional shared house that I run. I have two tenants that are causing noise problems. I have had 3 tenants ask to leave due to the two other tenants and them being very noisy either combined or on separate occasions. I have also had the neighbouring property complain to me three times and has now threatened to go to the council which could jeopardise the HMO License.

Where do I stand with getting them out?

One tenants agreement started on the 31st October 2018 for 6 months
the other tenants started on the 9th November for 3 months.

ive messaged them all on several occasions with warnings saying that if it continues we will have to discuss them moving out.

I need to be seen to take the complaints seriously and i dont want to risk loosing the other tenants as they are all good tenants.

Can i send the two problem tenants a text inviting them to look for another place other wise we will have to go down the section 8 route ( i am hoping this will serve as a scare tactic and they will leave off of their own accord.) I am aware I cant serve the 6 month tenant notice until the end of the month for a section 21.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I cant handle the 4am texts and complaints any longer.

11/02/2019 12:25

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions