Join the Residential Landlords Association

Unfair Targeting of Owner Occupiers who are Share of Freehold in 257 HMO's

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Unfair Targeting of Owner Occupiers who are Share of Freehold in 257 HMO's
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlordwhosetenantsloveus
Landlordwhosetenantsloveus
7 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi myself and my partner own a flat in a Victorian building that has been converted to four flats. We rent the flat out and one other flat is also rented out. However, there are two other flats which are owner occupied in the building. Regrettably the building is in a 257 selective licensing area and all 4 freeholders have been sent letters stating that we are the person in control of a building subject to licensing etc. Although we do rent our flat out, we are sensitive to the wishes of the two owner occupiers who are furious that they are being targeted in this way. I was wondering if RLA knows of any case where an owner occupier has been prosecuted just by virtue of living in a building subject to HMO licensing even though they are not landlords themselves. No articles about this particular sort of case ever seem to be discussed or considered online.

10/03/2019 12:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions