Join the Residential Landlords Association

HMO planning permission in Liverpool - how quick and/or easy is it?

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing HMO planning permission in Liverpool - how quick and/or easy is it?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Dorothy Nesbit
Dorothy Nesbit
1 Posts
0 Thanks

The sale of my house in London has been delayed at the 11th hour because the buyer's lenders' solicitor for the remortgaging of a licensed HMO (which will provide part of their funds) have asked for proof of planning permission for the HMO as well as proof of the license (the license already supplied) and the buyer doesn't have planning permission. After weeks of waiting I am calculating the implications and would welcome your input.

I have asked my estate agent to clarify with the buyer whether this HMO is in an Article Four area (i.e. needs planning permission to be an HMO as well as a license, which seems the most likely scenario) or not (in which case planning permission could relate to structural changes that have been made). He has owned the HMO since 2009.

Assuming we're talking about gaining retrospective planning permission for an already-licensed HMO in Liverpool, does anyone have any information that might help me to make an informed guess about how long it might take my buyer to apply for and get this planning permission (and how likely he might be to actually get it)?

With thanks :-)

28/03/2019 17:37

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions