Legal Advice about recovering a deposit from an agent
Dear Sir or Madame
I am seeking advice on how to take legal action to an agent who has repeatedly delayed in returning a rental deposit of £2100.00. The agent has been written to on a number of occasions and has been given 2 notices of 14 days to return the deposit. Each time my wording in the letters have become stronger, now it is time to take legal action.
- I am the owner and landlord to a property
- Tennants gave notice to leave and asked if the deposit could be used as the final 2 months rent.
- As they were good tennants, I agreed and requested the deposit to be returned from the agent.
- This was at the end of January 2019.
- To this day, the money has still not been returned.
Please advise my next course of action towards the small claims court.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.